Thursday, October 04, 2007

Rejoicing


Tonight, going through the catechism with the girls, we got to talking about accepting Christ. As we talked with the girls about what the Bible says about salvation, Jaime decided that she wanted to confess Christ as Lord. With all of us (minus Lily) surrounding her, she prayed, uncoached, "Jesus, I know that you are God and I want your Holy Spirit to come and live inside me. Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins." She began sobbing (our little Jaime who does NOT cry). We asked her why she was crying and she answered, "I'm just happy."

Our beautiful Jaime Jeanne has the angels in heaven rejoicing tonight.

Rejoicing with them,
The Bakers

3 Comments:

Blogger Jaime said...

That is so awesome, congratulations Jaime. You will be used mightily. I am excited to see the plans God has for you, and how he will use you. Continue to grow and seek Him, and He will surely bless you.

11:13 PM  
Blogger Terrance and Taylor-Grace said...

Rejoicing along with y'all! Praying that God increases your faith ten fold and that her great faith in Him will be used to move mountains!
In Him,
The Gambles

5:02 AM  
Blogger Seven Mile Rose said...

How wonderful to here your news! It brought tears to my eyes also! To be so young and commit to Jesus will be an amazing walk and I can't imagine the spirtual maturity she will have from walking with Him at such a tender age. And to think of all the things she won't suffer through because she made this life changing decision. Praise God!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home