Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Day 6 in Oaxaca

"May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face to shine upon us, Selah that your way may be known on earth, your saving power among all nations. Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you!

Let the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you judge the peoples with equity and guide the nations upon earth. Selah Let the peoples praise you, O God; let all the peoples praise you!

The earth has yielded its increase; God, our God, shall bless us. God shall bless us; let all the ends of the earth fear him!"
Psalm 67

Where you do you start? How do you describe the glory of God's grace at 6000 feet in southern Mexico? How can I possibly explain prayer with brothers and sisters in Christ around a sturdy, simple wooden table.

God's Word tells us that He will not give His glory to another. And we know that every tribe and tongue and people will come to Him one day. Well brothers and sisters in Christ, it is coming NOW in Oaxaca. It has BEEN in Oaxaca for a generation.

The greatest news I can give you is that ustedes hermonos y hermonas en Christo are on the move!

Our brother Nathan has been inspiring and sobering both. In one instant you can see the joy of encouraging brothers and sisters in the Lord and in the next you can see the work...the toil of the work...the difficulty facing a young man and his bride and their family as they push on in the quest to bring Jesus Christ glory.

I think most of all though. I have seen God move mightily to give a few men a vision to fulfill the Great Commission in this part of the world. What I've been convicted of is the lack of my effort in Spokane to share the Gospel. What a hypocrite and false man I am. I can lay down the law in my own heart and in my household and even lay down the law in our young people's gathering. But oh that I would just give my heart to the lost. That WE would give our all to the spreading of the glorious Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Don't be fooled as I so often am. This life is not about BEING like Christ but of telling others ABOUT Him. The good news.

I have so much to say...so much going on in my heart and my mind. All I know right now is that Megan and my life CANNOT be the same. How can I drive my family to service on Sunday and sit with other "Christians" yet not make time to speak to my neighbors about the salvation that has come down from above?

"And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Matthew 28:18-20

That is what we've been commanded to do. More to come...including pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home