Friday, June 30, 2006

Pregnancy Week 9

We'd been up for less than a half an hour today when we got a call from the Perinatologist. One of my blood tests was abnormal. Specifically, the AntiThrombin III, which means nothing to me but is another clotting disorder. It is one of the tests that was run a week and a half ago that I'd never had tested (not in the hospital when we delivered Tirzah, not in November or last month). It, in my estimation, is one of the worst ones to come back positive. Whereas the Lupus Anticoagulant would have meant having to inject myself two to three times daily DURING SECOND AND THIRD TRIMESTER, this one's confirmation would mean needing heparin injections FOR LIFE, pregnant or otherwise.

I'm discouraged and irritated by the roller coaster ride. I went back to the hospital today and had more blood drawn to look at the antithrombin's activity levels, which will determine whether or not I actually have a problem (there is the possibility that my levels are just lower than average but still functioning). We won't know anything until next week sometime.

Right now you can be praying for wisdom and clarity. We pendulum between being irritated that the doctors keep finding all these things that MIGHT be wrong and never are, and feeling like there HAS to be a link between Jaime, who was born in fetal distress with placenta problems at 29 weeks, and Tirzah, who they cannot seem to pin down a cause for her death.

Thank you for continuing to pray. We meet back with doctors on Wednesday, and hopefully will have the new test results then. Only 31 more weeks of seeming chaos to go. Yet there is joy in the fact that God knows me, the baby, and everything going on intimately, and He has predestined the outcome. It becomes easy to rest in His sovereignty in our lives when we focus on Him rather than all of the problems encircling us.

May the Lord richly increase your faith as you, too, continue to place your life at His feet.

1 Comments:

Blogger Terrance and Taylor-Grace said...

Your faith is encouraging! Happy that you made it home safe, I am curious to what the Lord showed you in Mexico and how you can apply that to what you are going through...I just have this feeling God wants you to remember that right now. We love you...call us!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home